L’Aquila is a candidate for being a real smart city in Italy. It is, in fact, the city that, at national level, has planned and installed an extended number of APA systems – Air Pollution Abatement both in industrial spaces (indoor) and in urban spaces (outdoor). During the meeting, scheduled for next Thursday, will be presented the initiative “Smart CLEAN AIR CITY L’Aquila”, realized by Is CLEAN AIR and the University of L’Aquila in collaboration with the companies Is TECH and SPIn, funded by the Ministry of Economic Development and supported by the City of L’Aquila.
In L’Aquila, in fact, particularly along an extended area of the state road No. 17, a series of APA devices have been installed, a completely Italian technology that reduces pollutants and purifies the air that you breathe for the benefit of the population and the environment and that represents a concrete reference model for the sustainability and attractiveness of the cities of the future.
It also camouflages the urban metropolitan structure and allows citizens to use innovative and evolutionary multimedia and telematic services.
After the introduction of Massimiliano Falcone, communication expert, LUMSA University Lecturer and “The World Bank Group – Connect for Climate”, the institutional greetings of Paola Inverardi, Magnificent Rector of the University of L’Aquila, Francesco Parasiliti Collazzo, Director of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Information and Economics – University of L’Aquila, Pierluigi will follow, Chairman of Is CLEAN AIR.
The Smart CLEAN AIR CITY project will be presented in detail by Paolo Tripodi, Project Manager and Chief Innovation and Technology Officer of Is CLEAN AIR, and Francesco Vegliò, Professor of Industrial Engineering and Information and Economics at the University of L’Aquila. The keynote speakers will be Roberto Saracco, Doctoral School Director of the prestigious EIT Digital (European Institute of Innovation and Technology) and Jacques Vermeulen, Director Smart City Customer Operations – Transport, Energy and Public Sector of the multinational NOKIA, who will focus on the visions and projects at the service of the cities of the future, modern, advanced, resilient, truly sustainable.
A round table will follow, moderated by Massimiliano Falcone, at which they will speak:
- Alfredo Adamo, Strategic Consultancy in the field of Innovation and Business Angel – ALAN ADVANTAGE;
- Leonardo Caputo, Management Consultant and President “Commission for the National and International Development of Enterprises – Order of Chartered Accountants of Rome;
- Massimo Di Genova, Manager, Vertical Sales, Energy and Utilities – NOKIA;
- Nicola Fantini, CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Direzione Generale – Structure of Particular Relief for the Valorisation of Research;
- Alessandra Masini, Materials Technology & Innovation – RINA Consulting;
- Tiziano Medori, Communication Manager, IANUS Consulting and Development;
- Stéphane Péan, Action Line Leader for Digital Cities – EIT DIGITAL;
- Giuseppe Spanto, Managing Director of Is CLEAN AIR.